My boyfriend's beanie is done. I tried to get a more interesting photo, but the dogs wouldn't keep it on long enough for me to take the picture.
Yarn: Colourmart cashmere, 1 150-g cone
Needles: U.S. size 6 (4 mm) circular and DPNs
Started: December 9, 2006
Finished: December 13, 2006
A brief look on Google helped some with figuring out the weights of the Colourmart yarns, but I think from now on I'll stick to calculating the number of yarns in 50g of the yarn. You know, 100-ish for worsted, a bit more than that for DK, 150 or so for sport, etc.
Now I would just have the scarf for my friend Allison left to knit, but one of my brothers requested a new beanie, because he lost the one I knit him last spring. He likes "that Merino wool stuff" I used, but wants green this time. I don't like knitting replacements for things that are lost, since the replacements tend to get lost as well. I'll hold onto the idea as a backup, though, since I haven't been able to come up with a present for him yet.
1 comment:
Aw, try to get a picture of your next hat on a dog :)
I'll take one of my cat wearing a hat if you do!
Post a Comment