I haven't actually finished a sweater since March of 2005. That was when I knit a version of Candy from Knitty using Brown Sheep Cotton Fleece in a lovely teal color (the colorway is called "Rue"). I ended up giving it to my cousin because I wore it so rarely.
Iin June of 2005, I knit a ribby cardi. It's completely knitted and seamed, but I never got a zipper for it. Plus, it's kind of itchy and a little bit snug.
It's a downwards spiral from there. Since then, there have been any number of sweaters that I've started and abandoned partway through. But this time will be different.
How can I be so sure of that? I'm actually using a pattern this time. Fine, maybe it's more of a formula than a pattern, but it's got directions for the part where I always get stuck--attaching the sleeves to the body. And it's not for me, so there's some extra motivation not to shove it to the back of the closet in a fit of stitch count-induced rage.
The gauge is on my side, too. I'm getting 4.5 stitches per inch on U.S. size 9 needles instead of a more typical 7 stitches per inch on U.S. size 3 needles. This means that, even though D is quite a bit bigger than I am, this sweater is fewer stitches around than some of the sweaters I've tried to knit for myself.
Two months and three days left. It is so on.
Sunday, October 21, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment