First things first. I went a bead and fiber fest last weekend. It was small, but very cool. All I got were some buttons, though.
All my knitting time has been spent on the socks I'm making my dad for his birthday. The first is done, and I've started the second. See?
The yarn is Skacel Trampoline in color 229. It's supposed to look like tiger stripes (see a picture by clicking the link), but my brother observed that the pattern I'm getting looks more like Indian corn. I ordered the yarn for the stripes, and because it looked similar to the Regia Stretch I used for the socks I made him for Christmas--he likes socks from stretchy yarns. The two yarns are pretty similar. This yarn is just a bit thicker than the Regia (but I'm still getting 9+ stitches per inch, much finer than the 6.5 the label suggests), not as evenly spun, and not quite as soft. It's not a bad substitute, though.
After I finish these, I'm going back to my black and white sweater. I've only got the front and back done up to the armhole shaping, and I was hoping to have it done before school starts. Good thing I've got more than four weeks left.
No comments:
Post a Comment